Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cinema good, computer broken bad.

I just added a new blog - more of a forum - pwcinema.blogspot.com (Peter Wendy Cinema) ... check it out. And follow it - you will get automatic updates. And if you know us and are reading either one of these blogs, you are invited to watch all the shows we watch. It should be quite an experience (THX surround sound, Full HD projector, Blue-Ray disks).

Meanwhile I will have to have my laptop run the whole basement while the main computer gets a new power supply (and most likely a new Windows - I think I lost the whole 1.5TB RAID partition with the OS and the main data drive - I hope most of it was backed up).

It was SAT to SUN 4am when I figured out the Power Supply failed (I check it against the Living-room Media Center PC). I called BFG and a real person answered. They called me by the first name and after I told him the part number for the power supply, he told me they will ship one on Monday. WOW!!!

Now that's service - Life time warranty, 24/7 service, and Advanced replacement with no questions asked (not even the serial number of the device).

No comments: