I came across this wiki link and thought of sharing it with the cloud.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C4%83g%C4%83ra%C5%9F
I was born and grew up there until I was 14 years old. Then we moved to Cluj-Napoca. My parents have moved back there for the last 3 years. It sounds like they'll be moving again soon ;).
Virtual tour... http://www.primaria-fagaras.ro/detalii_pagina_municipiul_fagaras.php?id=22
If you use Google Chrome, Google will translate any Romanian websites in English - surprisingly well.
Enjoy
View Larger Map
And while I can't really remember for sure (we moved in the different part of the city when I was 3), it's either this apartment block or the one to its right we lived in (top floor). Sad part ... it looks like in the last 30 years, the building was painted once, ... many years ago. I am looking forward to Google Street view out there. That will bring back memories. Link to the photo (Google Maps/Panoramio)
No comments:
Post a Comment